Regional Convening to Discuss Impact of Potential Health Care Changes
May 15, 2017
Southern California: San Bernardino
Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Regional Convenings to Discuss Impact of Potential Health Care Changes
Regional events were held in Northern California and the Central Valley in March 2017 with more than 65 health system leaders from Rural California communities gathered to discuss the impact of these potential changes on fragile health systems.
Meeting participants included representatives from hospital systems, community health centers, county health and human service agencies, private medical practices, staff from local elected officials’ offices and other community-based organizations serving rural and frontier communities.
The objectives for these events was to:
- Learn about potential impacts in regards to the ACA from all healthcare industries
- Develop strategies to navigate potential changes to rural healthcare communities
- Increase the collective voice regarding issues affecting rural healthcare.
These meetings were jointly sponsored by: California Community for Rural Health Improvement, California State Rural Health Association, California Hospital Association, Adventist Health, California Primary Care Association, Central Valley Health Network, Community Clinic Association of San Bernardino County, and Health Alliance of Northern California.
- Meeting Agenda (March 20, 2017)
- Rural Health Policy Update from Insure The Uninsured Project (3-20-17)
- New! Summary of ACA Successes, Challenges and Future Threats by Industry (3-20-17)
- New! Summary of Communication Strategies for Rural Health Systems (3-20-17)